Thursday, November 15, 2012

Jelly Sandwich: Verity Deep Violet and China Glaze Luxe and Lush

One of the only ways I can keep chunky glitters on my nails without sheeting off in big pieces is to sandwich it between a jelly polish.  This works out nicely because the finished look is by far one of my favorites!


I ended up doing two coats of Verity Deep Violet, one coat China Glaze Luxe and Lush and then one more of Deep Violet, sealed with OTD and over Orly Bonder.  Deep Violet needed some extra strokes before I put on the glittery flakie because it was streaky, so I'd say VDV was about 2 and 1/2 coats.



The flakies in Luxe and Lush are not typical flakies, they're thick and not flexible like most are.  You can see on my index finger a piece is sticking up and wasn't flattened by the addition coat of VDV or the top coat. It's not a big deal to me, but it may be to some.  Also worth mentioning is that the flakes aren't the color shifting kind - they're more so just iridescent. It's different from the usual which can be refreshing or frustrating depending on your feelings towards it. Overall though, I love how it turned out!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool idea to use these in a sandwich! Love the color.

    ReplyDelete