Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Essie Tart Deco & Hello Kitty Stamping

I'm dealing with a bit of an anomaly here.  In the bottle, Tart Deco looks quite pink and did it on my nails until I put on my topcoat.  Then it leaned very orange.  The sides of my nails where I missed with some topcoat, looks more peach, too.  I used NYC Grand Central Station and I'm not sure if its that topcoat in particular or what, but it really changed the hue of this polish.

"Natural" Light

This is two coats of Tart Deco over Orly Bonder, sealed with NYC GCS.  If you google swatches, only a few appear as orange as mine.  It's supposed to be more peach.  I also took a ton of pictures of this color and I'm not sure why but lucky you gets to look at them all. Whooo!!


"Natural" Light

"Natural" Light

"Natural" Light

Even in these pics, some nails appear more orange and others a little more peachy. WTF. Whose fault is this?  It's a pretty shade regardless, but it's trying to be too many things at once!  The formula was really nice on this one and it wore nicely on me, too.  I don't usually have any issues with Essie.

"Natural" Light


I used plate KD1 which I ordered off of Ebay for $5.  I used Zoya Demi and Konad Special White for dots and stamping. And I'm incredible peeved I didn't see that piece of hair over my nail. Urgh.

Flash


4 comments:

  1. I didn't even see that hair until you mentioned it! ;) But photos can be so unforgivable, really. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute stamping! Oh, and Tart Deco does this color changing thing with all top coats. It's really weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wtf? how strange! i was really hoping to get the bottle color. maybe ill try without a tc next time, thanks for the heads up!

      Delete