Sunday, September 25, 2011

Two Holo NOTDs: Chainmail Charm & All Hail the Queen

Holographic polishes make me so happy. So so so happy.  They're so pretty, eye-catching and unique.  I have two holo NOTDs to show you from this week.  Nothing fancy, they're spectacular on their own.

The first is Diamond Cosmetics Chainmail Charm.  This is my first Diamond Cosmetic polish and I am thoroughly pleased!  I know nothing about the company or its reputation but I received this in a swap.  I basically told my swapper friend to surprise me since I didn't care what I got, I just didn't want a double. It's a beautiful charcoal almost black holo.  It may actually be black, I'm going by what my eyes see.

Two coats of Chainmail Charm over WnW Black Creme.
Stunning!
Since returning to school and having night classes, I've become semi-nocturnal and don't have much free time during daylight hours.  The beauty of this polish is surely stunted by my 'natural' light bulb but it does show most of its beauty.  Formula was great; no complaints.

My second holo NOTD is Butter London All Hail the Queen.  I had no idea this was even a holo until I put it on.  The lights at Ulta washed this out so bad in the store, and it just looked like a pretty sandy shimmer to me.  Butter London is another brand I know nothing about; I've never looked up swatches or anything.  These were simply a compulsive whim purchase on my birthday when they were having their BOGO sale. I'm glad I took the plunge!

Three coats.  The lighting does NO justice.
A lovely sandy holo. Yum!
All Hail the Queen is so unique in its own right.  I have nothing that compares and if you were going to make the $14 plunge for a Butter London, I suggest this one wholeheartedly!  This was 3 thin coats and the formula is INCREDIBLE.  No streaking, it dried fast (as most holos do) and probably could've been a 2-coater but I usually apply 3 out of habit.

Happy Happy Holos!

*This is definitely a click-to-enlarge-for-detail kind of post.

3 comments:

  1. I so want to get my hands on All Hail The Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both look great on you! Both of these are on my lemming list and you just moved them up the list a bit with your gorgeous swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @veronica - do it, you wont be disappointed!

    @turtlechick - glad to be of service xD

    ReplyDelete