Tuesday, February 1, 2011

maybelline; punked plum notd!

Well, this color really isn't my bag at all.  But I got it for 50 cents so I can't complain, really.  It came in a two pack with a clear polish I want to franken with, plus it does look pretty in the bottle, on the nail as well, but really not my style.


This is 3 coats of Maybelline Salon Expert "Punked plum".  I do see the plum, but I see burgundy, too.  I associate plums with purple, and burgundy as having more of a red hue.  It has silver and dark red shimmers in it and the formula is really surprisingly pleasant!


I had a difficult time capturing all of the shimmers, because it is very sparkly in real life.  The photos don't do it justice.



Here are some more feeble attempts of me trying to capture the sparkles.  The color is actually pretty true to life.  Of course its a little bit darker without a flash but it's not far off from reality.

6 more followers til my first giveaway, yay! (=

No comments:

Post a Comment